Our focus is family law.
While many other firms practice several different areas of law, we focus solely on family law. In fact, our founding attorney, Justin K. Thomas, has more than 13 years of legal experience with family law, not to mention he is also a published author and graduate of the prestigious ABA Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute in Denver.
JUSTIN K. THOMAS, FOUNDER
- Super Lawyers® 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Memphis Business Journal Best of the Bar 2017
- Memphis Business Quarterly "Family Law Power Players" 2014
- Avvo Superb (10/10) Rating
- Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers in TN
As the founding attorney of Thomas Family Law Firm, PLC, Justin K. Thomas has a reputation for providing honest, effective, and personalized representation to clients throughout Germantown, Memphis, and surrounding communities. He has extensive experience resolving family law and divorce cases for individuals and families in Tennessee and Mississippi.
Justin recognized that to provide the best possible counsel and representation to clients, his firm would need to focus exclusively on family law and divorce cases. This enables Justin and the rest of our legal team to deliver top-notch legal service to each and every client that walks through their doors. Above all else, he is focused on ensuring his clients' legal issues are resolved efficiently and favorably, whether through trial or through strategic negotiations.
Education & Background
Justin K. Thomas graduated from the prestigious and well-respected ABA Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute, located in Denver, CO. He is a member of numerous organizations and associations, including the Memphis Bar Association Family Law and Litigation Sections, the Mississippi Bar Association, and the Desoto County Bar Association. Justin is also a published author and has more than 13+ years of experience, making him a trusted and knowledgable resource for family law clients.
Areas of Practice
- Tennessee, 2005
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2006
- Mississippi, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Memphis Bar Association, Family Law and Litigation Sections
- Desoto County Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association, Family Law and Litigation Sections
- ABA, Family Law Section Trial Advocacy Institute, Published author and Graduate, 2009
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2005
- University of Memphis
- B.B.A. magna cum laude - 2002
Heather Smith, Paralegal
Heather earned her certification as a paralegal in 2000 and has worked with The Thomas Family Law Firm, PLC since November of 2009. Heather expertly cares for clients throughout their experience with Thomas Family Law, assists attorneys in court pleadings and preparations and ensures the day-to-day operations of the business run smoothly.